Saturday, March 28, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
We just got back from the doctor, and it looks like everything is still set and ready to go (there's really not a delicate way to phrase that, is there?).
Since Saturday (as in, this weekend) is his due date - the doctor said we should just play it by ear. If Ash hasn't gone into labor by next Tuesday, we will consider the possibility of inducing on Thursday.
Which means he will be here in time for the season finale of Lost on May 13, but not for the series finale of Battlestar Galactica, this coming Friday. He, like many of us, may have no clue what any of it means, but it will be something bright and shiny he can fixate on.
Just wanted to keep you in the loop.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sunday, March 08, 2009
We're at T-minus two weeks, so it could literally be any day. But until he arrives. enjoy this photo. We struck for to the beach yesterday afternoon to get some sun (for once, after having been all but sequestered inside during the month of February thanks to work obligations) - and after we picked up our new glasses, we decided to take a break from getting stuff on a baby run to just go stick our feet in the sand.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
- I have gone to the Dark Side. I broke down and bought a Blu-Ray Player. -- and yes, this means that I did not have one before now. Somewhere, fellow geeks are weeping and gnashing their teeth. On their braces.
- I have a Blu-Ray Player, but no discs yet. Such is my life.
- We're at T-minus three weeks before Unnamed Baby Lemmons gets here. My first Blu-Ray may be Baby Einstein or something. Because he'll NEED to see it in high-def.
- I've been listening to U2's No Line on the Horizon for almost seven hours straight. It's keeping me grounded.
- What does it say about me that my day has partially consisted of me finding relief from my stress by taking individual sheets of paper, placing them in the paper shredder, and thinking about someone's name as the paper gets all chewed up? Is this the office version of a voodoo doll?
I'm hoping by the weekend to post something shiny and happy on here. But for now? I'm just tired, frustrated, defeated, and in need of a quiet break. I'm looking forward to the cries of a newborn baby as something to GIVE me a quiet break.
These recent days have cast a long, cold shadow. Thankfully, a shadow is just a sign that the sunrise is nearby...