Sonny Lemmons has written extensively on the topics of faith and parenting for numerous magazines and anthology books. The Myth of Mr. Mom, for which he was the lead author, was ranked as the bestselling eBook on Parenting at amazon.com in April 2012. He and his wife Ashley currently live in Columbia, South Carolina. A highly sought-after speaker for college groups and church services, Sonny can usually be found Tweeting (@sonnylemmons), or doing laundry while his sons Malakai (5) and Elias (11 months) are napping or coloring.
Feel free to contact him at sonny.lemmons (at) gmail (dot) com
- Mississippi State University (2001). Master of Science - Student Affairs Administration.
- Mississippi University for Women (1994). Bachelor of Music Education.
- 2008-2009: Academic and Career Advisor in Residence, University of Miami
- 2007-2008: Assistant Director of Leadership Development, University of Miami
- 2004-2007: Assistant Director of Undergraduate Staff Development, University of Georgia
- 2001-2004: Assistant Director of Residence Life, Millsaps College
- 1997-1999: Assistant Director of Admissions/Community College Admissions Specialist, Mississippi University for Women
- Soul Bare: Reflections on Becoming Human. Contributing Author. Civitas Press (forthcoming)
- Seven Magazine. "Defining Duty: How Men Identify." Lead Featured Author. Promise Keepers (Canada) (Issue #35, March/April 2014)
- Collegiate Magazine. Summer 2014. Lead Teaching Plan Author for Summer Bible Study. LifeWay Publications (2014)
- Not Afraid: Stories of Finding Significance. Contributing Author. Civitas Press (2013)
- Collegiate Magazine. Fall 2013. Lead Teaching Plan Author for Fall Bible Study. LifeWay Publications (2013)
- North Mississippi Parent Magazine. Featured Author. Journal, Inc. (2013)
- Finding Church: Stories of Switching, Leaving, and Reforming. Contributing Author. Civitas Press (2012)
- Collegiate Magazine. Winter 2012. Featured Author. LifeWay Publications (2012)
- The Myth of Mr. Mom. Lead Contributing Author. Portmanteau Press (2011)
I have also served as
- Associate Youth/College Pastor, Compass Community Church (Athens, GA)
- Teaching Pastor, Mosaic Church (Miami, FL)
- Teaching Pastor, New Hope Fellowship Church (Columbia, SC)
- Interim College & Student Minister, St. Andrews Baptist Church (Columbia, SC)